Event number 177
9th November 2019
On a wet and very cold wintry morning 356 people ran, jogged and walked the course. 54 were first timers consisting of an impressive 46 people taking part in their first ever parkrun and 8 visiting Ballincollig parkrun for the first time. 40 recorded new Personal Bests and representatives of 26 different clubs took part.
Congratulations to Pawel Switaj who shadowed RD Eleanor as his first step into becoming an RD. Pawel will go solo on 21st December. Mark your calendar
Blarney Happy Feet were certainly happy when 19 participated this morning - well done to Stephen, Helena, Catherine & Catherine, Louise, Ethel, Lorraine, Elizabeth, Karen, Leighann, Lydia, Samantha & Samantha, Ciaran, Michelle, Colette, Alexandra, Jacinta and Paula.
Sanctuary Runners were also well represented by Hana, Kevin, Bríghid, Tinashe, Aileen, Peter, Nomathemba and Carmen.
There were three people who joined the milestone clubs. Congratulations to
- Bob Murphy who joined the 100 club (one week after his mother Joanne joined)
- John Murphy, a regular volunteer, who joined the 50 club, and
- Isabelle O'Callaghan, who joined the junior 10 club
The first three males to go through the funnel were:
- Colm Fitzgerald in 17:19 This was a PB and the 7th out of 9 times that Colm finished first in the Ballincollig parkrun
- An unknown
- Paul Kennedy in 18:53 and the first time that Paul took part in a parkrun.
The first three females to go through the funnel were:
- Jennifer Goggin Walsh in 19:38 (I see that the two runners coming in after her both achieved PBs )
- Mairead Perez in 20:49 was only 2 seconds outside her PB
- Anna Klimek in 21:02 was only 1 second slower than her previous time
This week's participants who completed the most parkruns were Annette Barrett (195) and Damien Helleboid (136). Well done.
Today's full results and a complete event history can be found on the Ballincollig parkrun Results Page.The event was made possible by RDs Eleanor & Pawel and 29 volunteers:
Barry O'SULLIVAN • Joe MURPHY • Denise MURPHY • Maretta BRENNAN • Joe CONROY • Martin LYNCH • Donal HANNIGAN • Eleanor BALDWIN • Robert HOWE • Pawel SWITAJ • Graham MEIKLE • Dave HERLIHY • Una RAINSFORD • Mairead PEREZ • Jane MOFFATT • Elana BUTTIMER • Dylan BUTTIMER • John MURPHY • Donal FENNESSY • Richard O'HALLORAN • Triona BARRY-O'HALLORAN • Jeremiah MURPHY • Uzma SHAHEEN • Jane POWER • Alesha BRYAN • Kyran BRYAN • Holly BRYAN • Marcus BRYAN • Sally BRYAN
The female record is held by Lizzie LEE who recorded a time of 17:39 on 29th December 2018 (event number 131).
The male record is held by Alan O'SHEA who recorded a time of 15:51 on 20th July 2019 (event number 161).
The Age Grade course record is held by Conor ENRIGHT who recorded 91.67% (20:24) on 5th August 2017 (event number 60).
Ballincollig parkrun started on 18th June 2016. Since then 8,106 participants have completed 51,376 parkruns covering a total distance of 256,880 km, including 9,433 new Personal Bests. A total of 725 individuals have volunteered 4,413 times.