Erris parkrun is a FREE weekly 5km event for runners of all standards, which takes place every Saturday at 9:30am in Cross Loop, Cross, Binghamstown, Belmullet, Co. Mayo. It is not a race against other runners, but a 5k timed run and it can really be whatever you want it to be, whether that's for fun or as part of a training plan.
It offers an opportunity for all the local community, male or female, young or old, to come together on a regular basis to enjoy this beautiful park and get physically active into the bargain. We want to encourage people to jog or run together irrespective of their ability – this event is truly open to all and best of all it really is FREE!
Taking part is easy – just register before your first ever parkrun. The great thing is that you only ever need to do this once! Then just set your alarm for Saturday morning and get yourself there!
Every week we grab a post parkrun coffee at the finish line - please come and join us! Maybe swap stories about your run that day, chat to other runners over a cup of tea or coffee and just be an important part of this new running community.
So whether you are a complete novice looking to get yourself started on your own "running journey" or a seasoned athlete wanting to use this as a part of your training schedule, you’re welcome to come along and join us.
Mayo Sports Partnership: The aim of the Mayo Sports Partnership is to increase participation in all sports and to ensure local resources and facilities are used to the best effect.
Healthy Ireland: Healthy Ireland is the national framework for action to improve the health and wellbeing of the people of Ireland. Its main focus is on prevention and keeping people healthier for longer. Healthy Ireland’s goals are to: Increase the proportion of people who are healthy at all stages of life; Reduce health inequalities; Protect the public from threats to health and wellbeing; Create an environment where every individual and sector of society can play their part in achieving a healthy Ireland.
HSE: The evidence base for promoting an active lifestyle for well-being is well documented. Mass participation & community events are being heralded for their potential to get people started and help those who have committed to the change to stay moving. Through the HSE’s Get Ireland Active initiative we are a proud supporter of parkrun and firmly believe that such an event will serve as a fantastic enhancement to the community of Erris
85% of the funds you donate will go towards improving your parkrun and the remaining 15% will be deposited in the parkrun "NEW EVENTS" fund. Your donation could be used for the anniversary event, the annual prize giving,
replacing worn equipment or for improving your parkrun.
parkrun is completely open about all donations.
All donations to this event (and withdrawals that the event teams makes)
will be published below. You can also view all donations in this country here
parkrun Ireland is a not-for-profit organisation.
|Donation Date||Name||Recipient||Donation||Contribution to Event||Contribution to New Event Fund||Note|
|2018-10-09||BeActive||Erris||€30.00||€30.00||€0.00||European Week of Sport donation|
WithdrawalsThe event are yet to make a claim against the donations. Event teams please contact your local parkrun ambassador, country manager, or review the Organiser wiki for guidance on claiming against the available donations.